Saturday 21 October 2017

Quartzsite or bust

So yesterday I wrote about disillusionment... we're not quite disillusioned yet, it was just a hard day. Believe me when I tell you that you will be the second to know.

So remember the $7G of solar His Lordship just bought for the RV?

Well... I was just reading online and granted it was written 2 years ago but he talks about campgrounds in Quartzsite for $200US/mo! Well if I'd known that was a thing.... like seriously, other than bingo and potlucks what possible reason could there be to live so 'without' when there is a campground just up the road for $200US/mo?!

I sure hope I figure that out because when His Lordship asks me I better have a good explanation for all this solar!!!!

Regardless, we arrived in Lake Havasu BLM country and have found us a spot. Don't think we'll stay here for any serious amount of time although it is beautiful here and we did just arrive but the 'friendly vibe' seems to be missing.


Robbie gets his good looks from MY side of the family ;)


We were driving past it yesterday so we made a quick detour and drove by The Hoover Dam. Didn't park as the crowds were insane but we got to see it and from the height of our RV we had a good view without fighting the crowds. Just as well we didn't stop because we only arrived here about an hour before dark. Have to get used to the time variances of darkness, its been weird driving down as one day the time zone is 6pm dark and the next its 7pm.




In any event, we are off to Quartzsite today so if anyone reading this is already there or planning to arrive soon send us a message. It sure gets boring out here without anyone else to harass - I mean ... nevermind. LOL

We have made a few friends along the way already and expect most of them to arrive in Quartzsite area in November sometime but my birthday is in 3 days so hopefully we'll meet some people down that way by then that we can atleast have a drink with. We're hardly the 'party' type but more a 'quiet drink' type. Though I'm sure Vickie will argue that point in the comments section below. :)

Once again, Brad took the pictures while I was driving. Can't wait to get to the LTVA today, we are almost out of fresh water. What parks will allow unregistered guests to access their stuff want an arm and a leg. The Chevron north of here was kind enough to provide us with a doohicky that I just used like a tapper on their water/air thingy and we got some but we're still reading 1/3 and we tapped it to restart it several times. The hose is just a trinkle really so we'd have been there all day.... and already our grey is showing 2/3. We haven't particularly been conserving because we're driving all day so we haven't been worrying about it, just stop and dump along the way.

About 2 hours to Quartzsite my gizmo tells me... now to get beautified.

Thanks for reading everyone, it is surprising to me how many people are reading this. It was originally intended to keep family in the loop and to know we were okay so:
Thank you to all who read and Kisses to those who comment!

10 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog, you keep it real. So much to learn on this journey. My favorite resource to ask questions and do research is IRV2 Forum and App. General information and specific information about all brands and model RVs from people who part time and full time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input Connie. I am already on IRV2 but its good to note it for others who may not be. A great resource to be sure.

      Delete
  2. Lots of cheap campgrounds in and around Quartzite and much cheaper Solar installs as well, Pretty quiet there in Q right now com mid January over a million people be there =for a few weeks, really a zoo. Enjoy the peace and quiet now. Pretty hot there as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeppers, we're enjoying it for sure. Even being only a mile or so from the highway its still pretty quiet.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like your living the dream .Thanks for blogging I sure enjoy it. Vern in Boise ID

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vern, my husband enjoys paying for the dream too LOL

      Delete
  4. For about the 29th time since you've left I've told Bruce that we never should have let you guys go alone, cause we're missing out on all the fun!!!!
    You guys are "so cute" and should probably be chaperoned....just saying.
    And now we're going to miss your birthday???? Are you going to be in Quartsite by then???? I have to call Paul so he can come by on his bike and sing for you! Just beware, its warm, there might not be a "sock" or a sweater this time 😳
    And I'm pretty sure that your a "closet" partier...that cuteness didn't fool me none!
    10 days and counting.....wait for ussssss!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Vickie your too funny. We are already in Q and my bday is Monday but please don't send Paul my heart is getting old... well, I have a couple of years to go to catch up to you... LOL Patience isn't a virtue of mine but I'll try to wait it out. Brad says if you must send something - send cash $$$ because I'm spending all his money LOL

      Delete
  5. Now I'm sad...you just reminded me that you've broken my 3 year record of always being the youngest....ho-hum...I'll have to find something else now 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for tallest or skinniest blonde. You’ll take either.

      Delete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie