Saturday 3 March 2018

A Coup for Fine Hair

All my life I've struggled with my hair, I'm not a vain person but I could never keep my hair looking presentable - ever. Until now.

If you have fine hair keep reading, if you don't then wait for my next blog which will be an information post about RV Life, perks and poops. Mostly for a friend but informative for everyone.

Now, about my hair. It is SO fine that I have to wash it every morning because I look like Medusa when I wake up... unfortunately, this stops oils from building on the hairs but is also why I believe I'm still so blonde at 49.

I shower and get myself stunning - and I do look good when I'm done! haha. An hour later though, I look like a drowned rat. I started using a Leave-in Conditioner about 10 years ago and have faithfully driven literally 3 hours to get more in the past. While I was happy with my Fast Food leave-in conditioner by AG I couldn't reasonably get it down here. Had to go closer to LA and while I've driven much farther for it before - LA is a whole other world, so I needed something...

Enter Walmart! Yes, Walmart. Never would have thought. With the help of 2 other women who were also looking for a leave-in Conditioner (hard to find in the aisles at Walmart), we found this:


Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave-in Conditioner!

Now I promised I would only talk about products that were worthy and this one is certainly worthy. I've been using it for about a week now and boy am I impressed! It doesn't weigh my hair down - at all. I can even put my hair up in a ponytail to play PickleBall and when I take the hair tie out my hair isn't kinked... it just falls back to the way I styled it a couple of hours earlier. Holds that style all day. We went for supper the other night and I ran a brush through it though I didn't have to and it really woke it up. Usually, I just do my hair in the mornings and don't touch it again the rest of the day and it looks presentable and doesn't get static'd right up until I go to bed.

Amazing stuff. If you have fine hair - this is the answer to your prayers. About $10US at Walmart in the US. Also available at Walmart Canada and Ralph's in the US (only places I've looked.) Highly recommend.

Here are before (9am) and after (7:30pm) pictures.

9am

7:30pm

See? Still Cute as hell.

6 comments:

  1. Also available at Amazon for those who need it delivered.

    https://www.amazon.com/Shea-Moisture-Strengthen-Restore-Conditioner/dp/B00MXD6GBY?th=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill, Amazon will be a perfect solution for some. PS If you knew.... why didn't you tell me?! LOL

      Delete
  2. From another fine hair person, thanks for this, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could help - I'm a hero! Anyway, I just added before and after pics from today so you can see what little difference a day makes with this stuff.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this, as another fine hair person I will be picking some up on our way home from Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome! It makes me so happy I could help people with this, I know it has been the bane of my existence for 49 years, so I get it.

      Delete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie