Tuesday 25 September 2018

Salt Spring Island

We have arrived at Salt Spring Island, BC and it is magical here. I will attempt to capture it in pictures one of these days, though this island really needs someone like Al from the Bayfield Bunch to really showcase its beauty and all I have is an iPhone... 

Tsawwassen - Long Harbour Ferry 
Mayne Island to the left, Galiano Island to the right.

View as you enter Long Harbour. Docking is just the other side of that little island

Our spot. Once we start the position Jan 1st, we will move to the spot on the left but for now - this is home.

Went to the Tree House Cafe for lunch, stunned I didn't take any pics but I will as the cafe is awesome.





SSI Art Gallery, but also a private joke with our friends Brenda & Phil who are not arriving until Nov.

We are settling in and finding our feet here. Lynn and Milton (current Managers) have been very great in greeting us and we look forward to working with them as we learn the ins and outs of the park. I will have to do a blog about this park, it is quite mystical and I hope to capture that essence as we put our own stamp on it over the next few months.

12 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safe and sound. This will be a great week weatherwise so have fun exploring your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha going to explore a laundromat in Duncan today... have to remember to order the solution.,,

      Delete
  2. Glad you made it there safely! Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in SSI !

    -lw

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the weather like in the winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan can get between 0 to -5C overnight lows but daytime 5-10C. though it rains through the winter Nov is the worst with about 7 inches of rain. It’s not sunny Cali but sure beats Saskatchewan. Your gonna come visit, right?! :D

      Delete
    2. I will be 'gut up' in the FL sunshine for the winter. Pickleball and golf!

      Delete
    3. Oh that’s loving! Guess I don’t make the cut on your priorities... great, just great. Your off my Xmas list FG.. LOL Enjoy basking in the sunshine, I will think of you each and every time the sun peeks out over here.

      Delete
  4. You made it!! I miss the west coast very very much. If not for our grandchildren and elderly parents, I would have NEVER moved back from Nanaimo to Regina.

    In fact, it is for those reasons we sold our motor home as well.

    I think you will love the peaceful slow pace of island life. Yes, it gets busy in the summer tourist season, but that contributes to the positive vibes because when people are on holidays, they are usually having fun.

    Can hardly wait to see the adventures you have in your new digs!!

    Take care ... TnT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from your guys! Man did you go the wrong direction :D I haven’t been to this are since I was 6 so its all new to me. Brad was raised in Van Island so he knew what to expect. It’s beautiful now so I can’t imagine the summer seasons beauty. So happy that your still following along, when you return we’ll do lunch. :D You know you’ll return...

      Delete
  5. Enjoy and don't forget to visit Buzzy's Luncheonette! Give Howard a big hug for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Judith, Thanks for the reminder (my memory is terrible), we will go there for lunch today - before I forget yet again!

      Delete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie