Sunday 28 April 2019

The season begins

I arrived home a week ago, there has been so much going on that I just didn't have time to write anything. Brad did a super duper fantastic job keeping everything going in my absence.

What I didn't mention before is that while I was away Brad also went away just a few days after I left for a meeting which has been on the books for a bloody long time... so big thanks and kudos to Sandy (owner) for her super duper efforts for 4 days while we were both gone even though she was working full time too.

April long weekend we were half full, mostly trailers not so many tenters that time of year. The phone goes all day with bookings so its pretty busy. We have had a few fantastic reviews these past few weeks on Google and Tripadvisor, which is fantastic.

The newest member of our family is a BBQ, yup we finally did it - we bought a good'un too. Had a couple of steaks last night to christen it. Delish! I will be going through the recipes at  Our Awesome Travels and cooking up a storm.

We've been busy since I returned. I had to go through all the bookings to ensure all was well. We have been doing some last minute maintenance things around the grounds and I used my Daddy's weed concoction to kill all the greenery creeping into the parking lot, I will be doing the rest of the campground as/when I can get to it.

The new ice freezer was delivered in my absence which is kept on the front porch of the office. I had placed my order for store items but had to cancel it when my trip came up so that needs to be placed and then picked up from Victoria in the next couple of days.

I have ordered and received the new Square tap gadget for the campground store and it works great. I had originally ordered the little swipe thingy that you plug into your phone but the bloody thing never seemed to work and most people prefer tap anyway and chip is also an option with this particular gadget.

Time to open the showers so I have to run.

Thanks for your patience while I was away.

9 comments:

  1. Wow you are a busy girl. Glad things are moving forward though at the campsite. Great that you are already getting good reviews. Will have to phone and get the updates ... maybe meet for lunch the next time you get off your island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is starting to fall into place which will make Life easier for you both.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought about you guys while I was out there but it wasn't appropriate circumstance for a visit. Next time...

      Delete
  3. Sounds like everything is going well for both of you out there! This is great to hear after our last 'chapter'! Glad you're back -- we missed you!

    -lw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to your new normal life :) I hope Brad's meeting went well.

    Any chance that you cold share your Dad's weed recipe? Also a link or two to the park review sites would be neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4L of 10% Vinegar (cleaning vinegar) and a Tbsp of dish soap.

      Take Note: This will kill EVERYTHING it touches, so great care is required.


      Here are the links you asked about.

      TripAdvisor
      https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154941-d3405108-Reviews-Mowhinna_Creek_Campground-Salt_Spring_Island_British_Columbia.html

      Google Maps
      https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mowhinna+Creek+Campground/@48.8418692,-123.4946946,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x548f59fedd6c490d:0x4a9f3e4864123c61!8m2!3d48.8398998!4d-123.4938591

      Campground Reviews
      http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/british-columbia/ganges/mowhinna-creek-campground-13021

      Delete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie