Wednesday 23 October 2019

Other side of the hill

My Daddy and I circa 1968

My Daddy and I circa 2019
I'm forefront left and Dad is at the end on the right.

So its official, I've spent the last year on top of the hill and tomorrow (Wednesday) the descent begins...

I've always planned on living to 106, so I'm still not half way -- another 55 years to go, but still... the proverbial hill has been crested.

As you likely know by now, we are finished this workamping gig Nov 1 and we have a new adventure on the horizon. Honestly, we've been through so much this last decade or so, that I think I'd like a little time to just be- and I'm looking forward to that.

I could get a 'job', or volunteer or ... but not yet, I don't know what I want to do with my time but for a short while I'm just going to learn our little island and experience the wonders of Pickleball 4 times a week!

I have an idea for a 'market' type business, but I'm in no rush.

Every year, Brad wants to drag me - kicking and screaming- out to dinner (spoiled Princess, I know) and every year I say no, but this time I'm looking forward to it. Moby's has the best dry ribs, second only to Saskatoon's 'Cheesetoast', circa 1986 and we all know how long ago that was. Last time we went to Moby's (about 2 days ago) they were out of the ribs. Tomorrow is my birthday, so they damn sure better have some in!!! I might even have an alcoholic beverage -- IF I remember, LOL

But hey, I'm still cute, right?!


10 comments:

  1. Easier going downhill than up. Or so you hope. Enjoy your Bday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday. Cute Idea with the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday tomorrow. Are you still living in moho? Are you heading South again for the winter? What about your house? Sold? Yes, you have had quite a decade. I live a very boring life but I guess that is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you FG! Yes, still in moho. Staying on Salt Spring Island, House is a noose. I'm looking forward to boring, but I suspect it won't last long! :D

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Katie. Have a great dinner. Glad you now have time to yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, I can't help but notice you left just in the nick of time LOL

      Delete
  5. ~*~ Happy ~ Birthday ~*~ You're not just still cute, sweetie Pie--you are BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the other side of the hill! It's been lonely over here and we've been waiting for you! ;) Happy belated birthday! Looking forward to hearing about your new adventures.

    -lw

    ReplyDelete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie