Sunday 26 January 2020

Settling in

Today we heard from my Dad and his fiance. They are on a cruise through Panama to Florida and I assume this was the 1st stop perhaps Panama but in typical male fashion he didn't say so I'm not sure.

Everyone: meet Ann

Ann

We arrived Friday mid afternoon for our house sit on Vancouver Island. They asked us to come up a day early- likely to make sure we were 'okay', but that works both ways... apparently we are - 'okay' because they left Saturday 9am. Meanwhile we stayed in the guest suite downstairs. It had been a long day so we just settled in - he with the iPad and I with the laptop.

My men

Everyone: Teddy the Westie Terrier

\
Of course, you all know Robbie

Beautiful shoreline very close to the house

You can see the ferry to Denman Island from the shore

There is a lovely path and Robbie led the way

followed closely by Teddy

Recent rains made for fantastic waterfalls at the runoff drains


I thought (at first) perhaps woodpeckers but very close to the path and very probably waaaay too big for woodpecker holes... I saw my very first live woodpecker a few days prior while checking on a friends home for her. I've heard them many times but could never find where they were before, that particular one I could see and it was a nice treat to see it in action.

All 3 men waiting while I took the picture above

Brad got this shot of me - a rarity - at the pavilion where Teddy decided we had gone far enough. He would not go much past this point and we thought perhaps he didn't trust us enough to stray to far from familiarity - that was the sense we both got from it anyway.... so we turned around and headed home, but his little legs were tiring out so I carried him the last 50 yards or so and he finished it off coming up the driveway himself.

A lot of runoff

In the afternoon we decided to take a drive up Campbell river way to try to find an old church that was significant to Brad in his youth - and we did. Well, the church was gone but we found the site and that will have to do. 

These trees coming out of the fog were truly beautiful

 A beautiful lake

It was a great first day although I realize now that I didn't take any pictures of the house for you. I try not to put identifying pics online but I will see what I can do today, although the sun hasn't risen it sounds like the wind is blowing a gale and there may even be rain- yes, there is rain hitting the --- oh my, what are they called -- the daylight windows in the roof....... Oh man this age thing sucks.... it'll come to me.....  .....  .... SKYLIGHT. I knew it was there somewhere.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are both enjoying yourselves and getting out and about. Cute dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have a change of scenery now and again

      Delete
  2. Glad you are enjoying your job.
    Small dogs don't have the endurance that we have.
    We call them Brain Farts especially when they hit you in the middle of a verbal sentence.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful you guys!

    And... small world. I have a friend who lives in Campbell River.

    Ohhh.... thought you'd be glad to know, I am dusting off the minutes of the NSC ;)

    -lw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Look forward to the next meeting...

      Delete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie