Monday 20 April 2020

Wrinkles in time

Never expected to be happy to see wrinkles anywhere on my body yet here I am...

5 days since I was given my thyroid numbers... and my first dose of thyroid medication.

Giddy that my water intake has removed a large amount of water from my body and now the weighted fat suit has gone... or feels gone. I had had to remove my rings because I was soon to be unable and almost couldn't even then - get them off...  I managed - barely...

Today I will try to put them back on and then I will know if this progress known as wrinkles on my hands and fingers is enough...

I'm feeling sooo much better, the pills don't kick in for another week yet they say but .... the water is working! I find that because I don't want to get up and down all night going to the loo I stop drinking water about 6pm (for years now). So I've been drinking 3-4 cups of water in the am and 3-4 in the aft but by morning there is a hint of Charlie horses in my toes, calves and what I now understand to be my kidneys - not my back (as I had previously thought).

Given how bad those Charlie horse spasms were, I was clearly severely dehydrated... I didn't know then but -- okay understood! I shall now endeavour to do a better job of hydrating my body around the clock... by drinking a few ounces at a time throughout the evening and having a swig in the night if I'm up using the loo anyway...

I have a phone appointment with our Dr later this am as I have some questions I hadn't thought of on the last call...

My saggy eye sacks have all but vanished and I have feeling back to about half of my thyroid which became numb just as I began this medication... timed that right! Not a Dr - just observations of my own body - I do not know what any of it means....

No idea as yet if my thyroid can be saved or if I've screwed my kidneys... these things will all be answered in time I suppose... but what I drink is still coming out as per normal so this is promising. Doc had said my symptoms would get worse before they got better ( that was concerning because anyone who knows me knows I don't go to the Doc until I HAVE to) but fortunately that has not been the case - the water made a massive difference right from day one and has been getting better and better with every passing day.

In any event I am feeling much better and while I haven't tried walking any real distance yet I am sure I will eventually get back to it. Once in a while I lay on my yoga mat and 'ride my little bicycle' and do small stretches just to get blood flowing through my muscles...

Right now Doc just wants me to rest so my organs can recover from this self-inflicted stupidity I've put it through.

I get it -- I need to take better care of this vessel.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are doing better.
    When you think of questions to ask your doctor write them down otherwise you might not think of them when speaking to them.
    Be Safe taking care of yourselves and Enjoy the beauty around you.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have a list because I can't remember my name half the time (not literally)

      Delete
  2. Glad you are feeling better Katie. What a scare. Hopefully you feel back to "normal" whatever that is your new normal soon.

    ReplyDelete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie