Tuesday 5 January 2021

...And the New Year begins.

Nothing has really been happening here so far this year. Other than Pickleball has returned from the holidays. We are only allowed to play singles which means one person per side of the court instead of the usual 2 per side. We are all happy to make that work but I think I speak for all of us when I say we want 'normal' back.



The local online market shop reopened on New Years Eve and I received 2 orders that night. I've been averaging an order a day since then so I'm happy with that since I was sure Jan/Feb would be a wash after Christmas but it seems word of my product is spreading. Asparagus and Brussels are still the hot ticket items with Rainbow Chunks (salt water taffy) coming in 3rd but only because there is a woman on the island who is addicted - she buys so many I have created a special discount for her so if she gets 5 she gets 1 free. 

We've finally begun making powders, which we call Dust. So far I have made Apple Dust and Asparagus Dust with Kale coming online shortly. These are powder for use in soups, on deserts, smoothies and the like. Most people will use the vegetable powders for smoothies I assume but then I wasn't expecting Asparagus and Brussel Sprouts to be such a hit so you never can tell.



I've been online sorting through seed options for our garden and have a load waiting in my 'shopping cart' that I need to review and purchase. We also want to get a hot house (greenhouse) and I've chosen one on Amazon but I think we'll take a look at Costco because I hate buying expensive stuff on Amazon although I have done that without any trouble in the past..

Robbie has been having some issues with his hind legs so we are off to the puppy Dr this morning to have him checked out.

4 comments:

  1. Hoping everything works out for Robbie.
    Why they don't allow Couples from the same household as a team in Pickle Ball is strange.
    Sounds like Betty-2 will be arriving soon.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couples in the same household are allowed to play together but our club only has 2 household couples so like me most are stuck to singles. Brad is unable to play due to his injuries although he enjoyed it and plays well which is frustrating for him but that is just the way of it.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are still getting orders but no so many you are too busy. Hopefully all will be well with Robbie ... that is always hard when it is a pet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr Vet says he has arthritis in his upper back. Details to come in next blog.

      Delete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie