Wednesday 24 November 2021

Liver treats, Peter and Bambi

I bought 4 packages of liver for about $6 each and cut them into bite sized pieces for freeze drying as treats for Robbie.


The finished product was 3 quart jars which will last him about 3 months... cheap like borscht. 

Remember 'Blackie'?...

That name just wouldn't resonate with me, even after 4 or 5 days, I just couldn't get it into my head so today we changed his name to Peter, Yay! :D


Bambi

This morning I drove into the city to pick up our doe and I named her Bambi. No reason, it just came to me as such and I went with it.

L-R: Bambi and Peter

Bambi was born Aug 8th and Peter Sept 16th. As you can see, Bambi is much bigger than Peter but only 5 weeks older so he will be doing a lot of growing in the next short while. Breeding will commence May 16, 2022. We have an order in for another doe and that litter will be ready in spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie