Thursday 10 August 2023

A bit of rain and family trips

We built a garbage container for the front yard. Tired of forgetting to put out the garbage bins every week, we finally decided to use some remnants from around the property to put together this beauty! It actually looks pretty damn good. I don't have a front pic of it as it wasn't my intention to talk about it but as I was publishing this photo to show the 3 ft wide strip of rain running down the side of the road during a storm, I thought I'd mention it too. 


Heavy rains, only minimal and tiny hail this time
and our amazing new garbage bucket (every container is a 'bucket' to me)

We went fishing at a local lake not far from the house

Brad caught a little fish (Trout, I think) which he caught by the tail presumably when he yanked the line in an attempt to set the hook in the fish's mouth. Fishy was released back to the water.

Our raised beds at night with our little garden twinkle lights on the fence

The gazebo at night

Relaxing with a book with my feet in the grass

A few days after Meg went home, we were experiencing a rainy spell here and it was getting us down so we decided to go to Saskatoon for the weekend and get some sun. Unfortunately, my mother came on ill the morning after we arrived and was taken to hospital. She spent about 5 days there and we drove back here once she was home safe and sound.

Yesterday, Mum called to ask me to come back and look after her, she isn't doing well again, so I'm off to the big city yet again to get her set right once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie