Wednesday, 21 October 2020

Covid trend in U.S.

 I was just looking at the covid #'s and I noticed a trend. When I look at the tracker  for the U.S, I notice that the NorthWest has a roughly 30% chance of surviving Covid-19.

                                Deaths            Recovered              Total                         % 

New York                33366            78530                     111896                     30 

New Jersey              16227            36005                      52232                      31

Connecticut               4559              9651                      14210                      32

Maryland                 4050              7926                        11976                     34      

Rhode Island           1164               2558                       3722                        31


Exceptions:

Massachusetts         9758              118892                     128650                   7.6

Delaware                   668                12245                       12913                   5

DC                            642                 12884                      13526                    4.7


It seems, the further away from New York the better the odds except:

Kansas                      895                2415                          3310                    27


The worst odds though appear to be:

Nevada                    1727              2336                           4063                    42.5


Other West/Central states:

Washington              2282                n/a                (probably just forgot)

Oregon                       633                5870                    6503                        9.7

Arizona                    5837              38705                    44542                      13   

California                17069              n/a                  (probably just forgot)

New Mexico            942                20001                    20943                      4.5                  


The best odds appear to be:

Idaho                        535             26238                        26773                    2

Alaska                        67                6681                       6748                      0.09

Oklahoma                1191            93698                       94889                    1.2

Utah                           551            71693                       72244                    0.07         


I just found it interesting. 

Not sure what it means, perhaps each to their own on that. 

But I felt it worthy of mention.       

I have not done the same for Canada but I may yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie