Sunday 28 October 2018

A return to Pickleball

I have been in contact with my Aunt and Uncle who live in Duncan, they were away on holiday and I wasn't able to reach them. They had no idea we had moved here. They are not technically related but I have known them since I was 5 and we have stayed in touch all these years, so I am looking forward to meeting up with them this week. They have invited us to a BBQ, we just need to find a day that works for us all.


There is a large Pickleball presence here on the Island because the game was invented on another Island not that far from here... Funny how I had to go deep into the south to hear about this game when its been right here all along. 

Anyway, I have hooked up with the local Pickleball group here on Salt Spring and look forward to getting back into the swing (pardon the pun).


Marina office, I assume it is not the only one but this one is so small and cute that I just had to take a picture of it.


Beside the Marina is Moby's Pub, we stopped in for an afternoon drink - I don't think we've ever stopped anywhere for an afternoon drink - but I'm glad we did, it was a nice spontaneous change of pace and we both enjoyed it. Even got to watch my Flames play the Capitals... we left during the 5 min OT so I've no idea who one but Go Flames! :D 

We each had an appetizer and the food was very good, we will return here for sure. I don't remember ever eating anywhere here that we didn't enjoy the food... all the restaurants on Salt Spring are fabulous.


Yet another great view of the Harbour and Marina.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting settled in for the season.
    Great pictures of the area.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We play PB too. I find it harder to see the ball when we play inside. But we are in MI so it's either inside or we don't play until FL in Jan. I love it but my knees not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey FG, Surprisingly my knees are not bothered, so far. I find inside is too noisy but I'll manage just so I can play.

      Delete
  3. It is important to get involved with your new community, and PB is a fun way to do it!!

    And to have your Aunt and Uncle close by will help to ease the transition as well.

    Take care ... TnT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We met new people today, this island is super friendly. We've been looking for a 'home', perhaps this will be it.

      Delete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie