Monday 6 May 2019

First busy weekend

Well it has officially begun - for me at least... Brad experienced it while I was away and now I've had the pleasure of a busy weekend.

It was a great weekend, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Friday was nuts trying to keep up with the influx, we were only expecting (reserved) 7 campsites but finished (drop ins) at around 20. Saturday everyone spend exploring the island so the campground was very quiet and Sunday they all went home.

There is a gate at the top of the driveway and we had not wanted to have to put it up BUT now it is evident that we need to. Saturday around 3am someone drove in, pitched a tent and proceeded to get drunk and ornery around the campfire. Unfortunately, no one notified us and we slept through the entire thing. An older gentleman in the site beside this intrusion told them to quieten down and was ignored... he came to us at 8am when the office opened to complain - Brad promptly went to said campsite, woke THEM up and in no uncertain terms had them pack up and get out, stopping at the office to pay the full rate for the night first!

While Brad dealt with this intruder, I refunded the couple their cost for the evening and offered them a free nights stay for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, they had plans at a different island but may return to give us another chance on their way back through. Then Brad called Howard at Buzzy's and arranged an early pickup of several slices of cheesecake which he gave to the other campers in that area to compensate for the trouble.

The gate is now locked every night 10pm - 7am until the fall.

We are expecting our relief couple to arrive at some point in the next few days, perhaps even today. It will be great to have some time off, although in fairness it really hasn't been a thing - yet. It can be inconvenient when trying to accomplish something and the phone keeps interrupting but otherwise we haven't really felt stuck or anything. Still somewhat early in the season so we were still able to go for our Sunday date night and usually one of us will run to town for whatever needs doing while the other stays here and we alternate that so we both get a chance away. Really it hasn't been a thing, but during busy season I can see how it could be.

About my hand.... so I went to the Doc again, he gave me some cream to put on my wrist - somethingsomething-itis he tells me, I demand pictures so he sends me for Xrays... I happened to be the last appt for the day and the tech allows me to see the pics, nope nothing cracked (I had suspected a crack), so its the itis thing after all. I've been using this cream faithfully, twice a day and my wrist has been very painful, yesterday I forgot to use the cream and my wrist didn't bother me all day... last night at bedtime I put the cream on and the pain kept me awake all night.... its in the garbage now -- $75 in cream. Not impressed and Mr Doc will hear about that... God help him.

22 day until Daddy...

6 comments:

  1. You certainly are the campground hosts with the mostest.

    As to your wrist, perhaps a brace. Colin hurt his right hand and could not play his guitar. He went to a physio place that had someone who specialized in hands. They manufactured something for him to wear, gave I'm exercises but it did take close to a year for him to get back to normal. Previous to going to this physio place he tried all different things on his own and wasted several months. Goodl uck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been 2 days now without cream and it isn't bothering me for the most part so it seems to be healing. Perhaps not raking, hauling blackberry bushes and shovelling gravel is all it needed to rest. I've had a brace since February but the trouble with me is if it needs doing I just do it and the brace just has to move which adds to the strain in the doing of anything... its a stubborn English blonde thing maybe.

      Delete
  2. 22 days until Daddy ... yeah for you. Sounds like the campground is operating like it should with you guys at the helm.Nice that you are getting people to relieve you guys through the summer. Also good luck with your wrist. What a pain ... literally. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys will have to come across one of these days for a BBQ.

      Delete
  3. Really sad that people like that think they can just come in, set up and create all that noise. Good job getting them out of there right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With our gate locked every night there has been no further incidents, so all is well.

      Delete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie