Thursday 25 February 2021

Pork roast, taters and Yorkies

I made a Sunday dinner -- well, on Sunday. It was delicious and for the first time I actually got the English Baked potatoes right! 52 and finally twigged to the secret, okay I finally remembered the trick. Anyway, it was fabulous!

Pork roast, roast potatoes and Yorkshires

I had another recipe which required a lot of lemons - peeled... I saved the peel, it is in the freezer now and I will FD it and make a powder.

Peas are doing fantastic. I transplanted them to the deck pots and brought the pots inside (too cold outside). I have them in the window for now, once they get bigger and stronger and the outside temp warms up, I will move them to the floor.

The broccoli microgreens were ready to harvest yesterday but I just didn't get to them so I hope to do them today and get another batch started. Pics of that to follow.

 

7 comments:

  1. Your dinner looks delicious ... maybe I must make a roast beast with yorkies. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got tomato seeds started. Probably jumped the gun a little but I'll watch them. Can't wait until Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the recommended last frost date I can start Tomatoes March 13th and transplant them outdoors April 24th. Now, that is for my area mind you... you can find the dates for your area (first google your local last frost date) at: https://www.johnnyseeds.com/growers-library/seed-planting-schedule-calculator.html

      Delete
  3. OK. I gotta know. What's the potato trick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, simply to remove them about 10 minutes before the roast is finished and put them in their own pan to crisp up. Simple.

      Delete
    2. Well then, something I can handle. Thanks!

      Delete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie