Friday 28 October 2022

What's been going on

Okay, so I know I haven't been writing. It's been so busy I just haven't had time and frankly I'm losing my mojo for it.

I had planned to transplant the tomatoes today but didn't get to it as I am doing a favour for a friend which is taking up a whole lot of time over and above the norm, I think I'm going to call done on that one because it is very time consuming. She has a table at the local craft fair coming up and I offered to help her.

We are settling in pretty good in our new location. Nice, quiet town. Have made a lot of acquaintances and a couple of friends too.

The local gym is very close to home and they are currently renovating so waiting for that to reopen because -- Oh My God have a packed it on the last 2.5 years. I think we'll pick up a treadmill just in case they lock everyone down again this winter.

We have signed up for curling but haven't heard anything back as of yet. I know they just put ice in the skating rink so I assume it is the same for the curling rink, and hope we will hear something sooner than later. 

Brad's Mum is coming to visit next week so that will be a good opportunity to go the other direction from town (we've only been the one general direction) and see what's cooking out there. We've been told there is a lot to see... may be too cold, but we'll see what happens. Plenty of lakes around us and camping is a huge thing here too.

Quite likely over the winter, assuming things slow down - I'll likely post more regularly. Although, I've been told that winter is the busy season around here with all kinds of activities and events.

Pictures of the tomato transplant coming up.


1 comment:

  1. Katie, what quiet little town are you in now?

    ReplyDelete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie