Saturday 24 June 2023

Rain, TruLocal and Google Chrome

You may have heard... we got a bit of rain in parts of Alberta...

My 6 deck planters were overflowing and my poor flowers were drowning so I moved the planters into the garage and drilled holes in the sides for drainage. The next day I reset the plants and they appear to be holding their own now.


The first 1.5 days... this pic shows just under 4" but Brad took this pic, I went out about 20 min later to empty it because we were going out for the evening and I didn't want to miss any. It was exactly 4" at that time.


After emptying the rain gauge at 4" we then received another 1.5" for a total of 5.5" of rain! Wowzers. Several people around town had water in their basements we have heard but we were fortunate and our walls held up.


The front right flower bed where I put the pansies not long ago was overflowing with water and Brad went out to drill some holes on the driveway side to relieve the water pressure on them. They are now doing well once again.

From wildfire evacuations to flooding evacuations now in Alberta.

I'm sure I mentioned it but can't seem to find a label... anyway, we order our meats from TruLocal and its amazing. (Not a plug for them, just saying, and its products are local to your province) The normal bacon you get from TruLocal is as thick as the thick cut you can get in the stores but their thick bacon??! Wowzers...


Alberta Natural Thick Cut Bacon

Its thick!!!

So a while back I was having trouble with my internet and I thought I had fixed it, perhaps you recall... Anyway it went wonky on me again. This morning while trying to write this post I got so frustrated with it (Norton was a previous solution) that I uninstalled Google Chrome and reinstalled it. Now it works at lightning speed. It even keeps up with my typing! Night and Day. 

Yay!

PS We have some new flowers and hanging baskets in the backyard now so I will endeavor to take some new pics of the backyard for my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie