Monday 5 June 2023

Yet more planting

Brad finally managed to get his 'finger' garden planted. 

The 'finger' garden

...and I found a spot for the pansies in the front of the right side garden. The daisies struggled for a day or two but now appear to be pepping up again (not in this pic though).


One of the Elderberries I planted in the berry orchard does not appear to be recovering and I have decided to attempt to root a comfrey leaf and hope it takes in that spot. Comfrey roots dig deep up to 10 ft and draws nutrients up to the surface, which I hope will help the orchard as a whole.

It is unclear if this is a good time to do this with comfrey, as its meant to be done in spring but I'm doing it anyway and if it doesn't take.... I'll find something else or do it again next spring (maybe both).

Our gardening is definitely behind this year as so much infrastructure had to be built before we could do any real planting. Other than that one Elderberry plant, everything is doing really well. Not a lot of growth yet but they are no doubt recovering from the transplant and focusing on their roots before reaching for the skies.

The watering system needs to be added still, that will be this weeks project.

Overall though, I am finally able to wear some decent clothes now that the dirty work is finished... its a nice change.

PS I have decided to put Kidney beans in that Elderberry spot. I will put comfrey there in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie