Wednesday 11 November 2020

Pickled beets and easy dinner

A friend suggested pickled beets as she is sure they would be delicious FD'd, I laughed. The next day, I saw a local ad on FB that someone was selling beets, $2/lb... so why not - I'll surprise her. I'm pretty sure she doesn't read the blog just because of what she does all day, so I'll tell you guys... 

I made 2 jars of pickled beets... never tried them before but I think it went well. 

Don't think I've eaten more than 2 slices in my life, and that was when I was 8, but... what are friends for?! I have them awaiting their turn for a tray, once a tray is available then they will go into the freezer before being fed to Betty.

This morning I fed her more grapes, mangos, green onion, celery and mandarin oranges

Last night we did more Skittles

I added a couple of StarBurst to test, they didn't expand or anything but the new texture was very intriguing. I'm planning to sell the Skittles as 'Unicorn Poop' at the local markets so I wanted to run a batch and check weights, etc. (I'm sure I've posted an FD'd pic of Skittles so I won't bother here)

5:45pm...Time to put the kettle on....

We haven't reconstituted any meals yet. We've done Individual items but last night I didn't remember to take anything out for supper - actually, we've FD'd it all so there wasn't anything to take out.. and we had pizza just the other night, so....

I had to boil up some corn since it is still waiting its turn in Betty

Here it is straight out of the package. Ham and Mashed Potatoes. Just add hot water and wait a couple of minutes.... my kind of cooking!!! :D :D

Kettle and corn both boiled at the same time - bonus.

Dinner is served. 
It was delicious, just like fresh.

Almost forgot to take a picture. We ate in the upstairs living room last night as our TV is being wonky and The Curse of Oak Island Season 8 started at 6pm. We've watched it since the beginning and were not about to miss the Covid-19 version.



 

3 comments:

  1. Freeze Drying Beets would be really tasty.
    Be Safe and Enjoy using Betty.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what everyone tells me. I'll find out in the am...

      Delete
  2. So glad after all that work you are happy with your results.

    ReplyDelete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie