Monday 26 April 2021

Growth, Shampoo and Leave-in Conditioner

I had a good look around the greenhouse and deck on Sunday to see how my starts are doing. I'm still waiting for decent overnight temperatures and we're going through a cold spell currently so they are getting nice and big in the greenhouse which is fine because it will give them a fighting chance against the enemies of the garden...

Spinach

Lettuce


I put this tomatoe in a hanging basket but naturally its the wrong type of tomatoe for that, blonde moment. I will pick up 2 cherry tomatoe plants somewhere for these... I have another planter somewhere...


Brad created his own hanging baskets for the first time this year (we kept the baskets from last year)

A couple of radishes are almost ready to harvest, I'm told when the crown is 1 inch...

Greenhouse planter box. I recently added 2 Brussel Sprouts

Potatoes are coming

Strawberry plants have recovered from the winter, I pruned them and they are looking good for another round of giving us goodness.

HorseRadish

Not sure if I mentioned it but someone was selling horseradish on FB and so I ordered a couple... and planted them. They are one of those 'can't get rid of'' plants so I put them into 2 large pots on the deck.

Shampoo and Leave-In Conditioner

Again, super simple: In blender... 
Shampoo =     1/2C Coconut Milk, 1/2C Castile Soap, 1 tsp Oil (I used Olive), 1 tsp Honey, 1 tsp Vegetable Glycerine, 10 drops Vitamin E Oil, 15 drops of any Essential Oil

Leave-In Conditioner= 1/4C Filtered Water (any type, I used our Berkey water), 1 tbsp Coconut Milk (yep from a can), 1/4 tsp Fractionated Coconut Oil (health food store)

I doubled the recipe and the picture shows what I made in jars, I have since put them into previously emptied pump bottles that I saved, as shown above.

Protective bird netting appears to be working, no further damage after a few days. Seems to be working for the slugs as well.

Remember that 67mm of rain we were getting by Wednesday?
We got 2.6mm and no more rain today or tomorrow... so they were close LOLOL
More about this later, but 25mm equals 1 inch of rain.

4 comments:

  1. Nice that you have lots of rain to fill up your water reservoirs. We were all so spoiled with the 12 days of hot and dry weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you will be spending a lot of time in the Garden.
    Glad the Netting is working against the birds.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for Sharing your shampoo and conditioner formulas. I am excited to mix some up and try it!!

    Karen in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your most welcome. Let us know how it works for you. Other readers would be interested in your results too.

      Delete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie