Sunday 11 April 2021

This ones for you Rick

 I haven't written for about a week and Rick over at Its About Time commented in his post last night that he had so few blogs to read yesterday... (he reads every blog  on his sidebar) and although I really had no significant pics to talk about....

The view of our house from the lower side of the orchard

Much better view of Entrance Island from 'down below'.

I had seen on YouTube someone making plant pots (for starts) from newspaper. Apparently they are great because you don't need to re-transplant them they can go straight into the soil since the roots will go straight through the paper and the paper will break down fast... 

Since my starts were getting 'leggy' (tall and thin for what they were in), I decided to give it a try...

They fit soo much nicer in the tray this way

... and it buys me more time to let them grow since I can't put them out for several weeks yet, I need them tall and sturdy... 

Yesterday I went to the local shops and picked up some fish emulsion and dosed everything in the house and greenhouse with it. I even hit the chickpeas and garlic in the garden too. Today, I may do the rest of the garden... depending on weather -- which I don't read until after I've read my sidebar blogs.... and I've been distracted this morning -- thanks for the guilt trip Rick....  haha.


3 comments:

  1. No Guilt Trip intended but it was quite a surprise.
    Sometimes it's hard to find things of interest to write about.
    Thanks for the shout-out. Hope your dad's gotten his vaccine.
    That's the first time I've heard about using newspaper but then lots of the starter pots are from recycled paper.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your garden.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it wasn't really a guilt trip and certainly not directed at anyone but it gave me the boost I needed to put something out. I shall endeavor to do my bit to keep you in reading material which should be easier with summer approaching.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea using newspaper. :)

    ReplyDelete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie