Monday 13 November 2017

Confessions and Pools

So I should confess, I suppose. Things have been difficult around here the last few days. Brad has been on a medication the result of which has become worse than the problem so under doctor supervision he is reducing in an attempt to completely stop them. He has been reducing now for several months, it is an extremely slow process under doctor's orders. A few days ago he reduced to the next increment and has been having great difficulty for the last coupl.e of days. So yesterday we pretty much hung around the RV, today he is feeling much better.

He called around and managed to schedule a massage for noon today. It wasn't quite what he was expecting (no, nothing like that!), but it made a huge difference.

Waiting for Daddy at the Masseuse

On the way back to the RV we stopped at Home Depot and I ran in to get 2 Nite Ize dash mount cell phone holders but they didn't have them. I shall just have to order them online. They are a must for the Jeep. We also stopped Albertson's to grab a few groceries and it wasn't until we got home that I realized I didn't have the bread and buns I bought. I'll drop by there tomorrow to get them.
We also ordered a mesh cover today for the Jeep so I don't have to worry about the dog falling out the window. It will be delivered on or before Wednesday. Picture to follow then.

After a supper of homemade soup, no buns except the 1 remaining in the cupboard. Then we went to the Clubhouse and shot a few games of pool.
Ready for some butt whoopin'.

Clearly, I'm not 20 anymore.

 Brad one 2 of 3 games ( I sunk the White with the Black on the 3rd game)


He is definitely feeling better but it will be a few days yet while his body adjusts. Tomorrow we are hoping to go to Tecopa Hot Springs, hoping that will give him some more relief.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck I sure hope he can get feeling better soon.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can check out Paula's Blog she plans on hosting Bloggerfest this year her blog is https://shadowmoss.blogspot.com/2017/11/bloggerfest-2018-any-interest-this-year.html.

      Delete
    2. Thanks George, I'll take a look.

      Delete
  2. Sorry Brad is not feeling well. It is difficult reducing meds like that in order to come off of them. Hope he is feeling better soon.

    Massage there is a whole different ball game than here, a big difference (training etc.). Hopefully he's able to find one that is a good fit.

    The hot springs sound wonderful!! No snow here .... yet... but I am sure it is coming.

    lw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different technique isn't something we ever thought about but it appears you may be right...

      Delete
  3. Have you thought of a seat belt for the dog, we have one for ours. You can get them at Pet Smart, though I am not sure of how big of a size they have. It is a harness that they wear with a strap that attaches to the seat belt or tie down in the vehicle. Hope Brad is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've done all the seatbelts and they don't work. He just keeps getting tangled in them. We have him harnessed in tied to a top above and it works okay but when we go around a corner I worry he'll fall out (its just in my head I'm sure). So this new top will give Brad the wind and me the no-worry...

      Delete
  4. Hope Brad is soon feeling his ole self again. The very few times I've tried pool can be fun, I'm not good at it and don't like pressure on me.I actually practised at a park last winter and the was really my first time at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the pressure. I can't draw a straight line nevermind shoot one.. LOL

      Delete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie