Monday 6 November 2017

Improvements

So this morning when we woke up we had nothing pressing other than dumping the tanks. Before we could get to that the phone rang...

Our new Jeep tires were in could we be there for 2pm? Yuppers. So we took the rig to the dump and refreshed her for whatever days we have left here. Then got her re-positioned to maximize the sun's exposure on the panels and Brad went up and tilted them for the first time.


Within a minute we went from this:

Our solar intake on a really clear sunny day before now.

 To this:
It actually hit 38.3 but I didn't catch that with the camera

Brenda and Len (Solar Guru's we met in Vernon) would be so proud! LOL

With that finished, it was time to go for the tire install at American Custom Tire & Wheel. Our pretty little yellow Jeep went from this:

With the old tires on
To this:

Yes Ladies, it does look the same. Just don't tell the Men!

We returned to the rig and Brad dropped me off to check on Robbie who we left behind today, and went off on his manly expedition to what a difference round tires made compared to round tires... I must admit though the Jeep did feel a lot smoother on the ride home. 

For dinner I made an Instant Pot recipe I found online at The Spicy Apron. This website has lots of different Instant Pot recipes. Tonight it was Mongolian Beef for us. Really good although for me it had too much Ginger so I have altered the recipe for next time. Otherwise, it was easy, quick and delicious. Tomorrow night - Asian Sesame Chicken. 

Tonight's Mongolian Beef

As I was sitting writing this blog the sunset was incredible. I ran outside and took a picture but it just does not do it justice in the way pictures always do. It was such a deep red, I don't think I've seen the sky that red before. Wow!
The Red in this sunset was so deep, like I've never seen before.

So now we have tires, you know what that means? Yup, We're going on a Jeep ride tomorrow that will make Jeepers proud :)

Sure hope I don't forget the camera......

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you also didn't notice a difference on the tire pictures, but it's great it felt better :-) And there is nothing more beautiful than a Quartzite sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get things in order. And like Maxx trails said nothing better than Quartzsite sunsets and sunrise that I enjoy as well.
    As you probably know most in my cooking is done on our Weber Q 100. no electricity needed and amazing meals that we enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know though I haven't looked at your recipe board thing yet. Perhaps I'll do that right now... Yes, I think I will. :)

      Delete
  3. Nice sunset, and new tires. There are many fun trails to drive around Q. I bought a couple books to help me find my way around, but I also hooked up with some experienced drivers. One easy, scenic ride you might consider is Kofa Queen. That road runs up a side drainage to the north of the Palm Canyon road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin if all goes well tomorrow we may try that Wednesday but we have a route set for tomorrow already.

      Delete
  4. Awesome upgrade on the Jeep. Such a major change without the need to change the wheels. I can relate to women not noticing the difference, similar to the many times my wife returned from the hair dresser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo! Easy there Trigger... Now that's just mean LOL But yes, precisely the same. Noted and I hope to one day meet your wife! Teehee

      Delete
  5. D just said that it sounds like you are comfortably set up now - wahoo! Not far behind you at Boulder Beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually yes, I think it helped when I wrote the I was a nutter post. I'm feeling much better and we have everything we need so its time to move on from here.

      Delete
  6. What am I going to do with a litre of HP???? So sad.....

    ReplyDelete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie