Sunday 16 May 2021

Farmer's Market Prep

Hard to see with the tree shade that time of day but the garden is growing nicely.

So you don't think we've got this down to a science, we did discover some leaf rot on the basil. A bit of bleach and pull the affected leaves Google tells me, so I did. Remember, this is only the 2nd garden we've ever had. Last year was a first so we will definitely be learning for many years to come.

Market Stand

In preparation for the Farmer's Market starting this coming Saturday, I'm getting things sorted and making sure stuff works the way I need it to. Just as well as I have to pick up some baskets from the dollar store on Monday to hold some of the items in the center racks and a couple of other things. This is not finished but you get the idea.

We will have a strip of  plywood painted black to put on the ground under this so if it rains it doesn't splash dirt up on the items. I had planned to build a coffee sized table but we'll see how we make out with this first. Although, I believe I will buy a table from a guy in Nanaimo for $20 to keep the admin and payment stuff on, and also to tie my banner to.

Green Onions

Went to the garden yesterday and found that the green onions were about to flower! So fast, I wasn't expecting that at all. A quick Google tells me they are 'cooked' so I pulled them and prepped them for Betty. Picked a bit more spinach too.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are coming into your busy season.
    Make certain the plywood base extends beyond the size of the rack.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and have fun with it all!

    ReplyDelete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie