Monday 24 May 2021

South End Market

 

Well, Sunday was the south end farmer's market and yep, I should have paid the summer down there. Fortunately, I still have that option so will be doing that this week to secure my spot. What a spot!!

Great backdrop for my stand
 
Although the wind could be an issue because of their light weight, all my items are clipped to the display so it's a fabulous spot.

View of part of the harbour

Captive Audience

With very few food venders there is no competition for my items. There is a mega food truck, a Pad Thai guy who's lineup runs right in front of mine and my baker neighbours stands giving us a captive audience. We took full advantage of it by offering them samples while they waited.

Having no tent for this market, I was relieved that it was overcast. The temperature was around 20C with only a light breeze, if any, making for a perfect weather day.

I had a phenomenal weekend and earned the amount of both market stalls for the summer in just one weekend. Ran out of several items and spent the early evening last night prepping trays to feed Betty so I can stock back up. Word is that this weekend, being the opening weekend, was quite slow compared to 'normal'. Once people get word that its open, they expect it will pick up significantly. 

My new baker friend and stand neighbour works full-time, from home at least, but full-time and is now worried that he won't be able to keep up. I'm also concerned that it will become a 'job' for me. 

At least in the short term, I will need to get well ahead of the stock so that when the garden is ready for Betty, I do not need to run stock through her. This will be a fine balancing act.

Food venders at this south market include a Food Truck, the Pad Thai, a Baker, my snack foods and a Spice/Jam guy on the other side of me... perfect. 

6 comments:

  1. Hip hip Hooray!!! You can do it. Just be as busy as you want to be. When its gone, its gone. Just makes them want it more. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, reminds me of the old days LOL
      Thanks, FG!

      Delete
  2. So happy for you Katie. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You are off to an encouraging start. Best wishes, and I'm actually betting things will go very well indeed. You've put in the work....here's to a good payoff.

    ReplyDelete

Some readers are reporting issues with posting comments. Please post Anonymously if necessary as we really enjoy getting each and every one. - Katie